I have written a lot on this blog about the New South Wales South Coast. Not only is it one of Australia’s most popular holiday destinations, it is also a place I call home. I am your guru for the area, so it is only fair that I bring you the newest and most exciting places to eat, dance, stay and play.
The Growers ‘Where Coast Meets Country’
This one is a new and increasingly popular indoor-outdoor bar and eatery located in Worrigee, around 20 minutes from the beautiful Jervis Bay and only 10 minutes from the oyster farms in Greenwell Point. The Growers ‘where coast meets country’ is sure to delight your taste buds with fresh produce from the local farms, wineries, breweries and fromageries. It is also set in a gorgeous venue overlooking the countryside and infamous Cambewarra Mountain. Sit outside in the beautifully decorated garden, or inside amongst the equally beautiful decor.
The Growers Indoor Kitchen
With a menu focused on celebrating local produce, you’ll find dishes on The Growers Indoor Kitchen menu that are seasonal and fresh. With delicious oysters from the farms at Greenwell Point, burgers, fresh local fish and chips, wood fired pizzas and mouth watering desserts, this one is definitely a new favourite in the area. Menu stand outs include:
- Local Chargrilled 250G Eye Fillet – with rosemary hasselback potatoes, garden salad & chimichurri
- Beetroot Gnocchi – with local gouda sauce, goats curd, basil and beetroot leaf gremolata & parmesan cheese
- Chermoula Cauliflower Burger (vegan) – with quinoa crusted chermoula cauliflower, lettuce, pickled radish, garden herb spread & hand cut chips
The Growers Indoor Kitchen is open Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday from 11am – 9pm, and Friday & Saturday from 11am – 11pm.
The Growers Smokehouse
Located outside in the garden overlooking the gorgeous green countryside and Cambewarra Mountain, The Growers Smokehouse menu features fresh local seafood, cheese and agricultural produce. The Smokehouse offers a more casual dining experience than the Indoor Kitchen, with standout dishes such as:
- Pulled Pork Empanadas – with local pork shoulder smoked for 8 hours, shredded and tossed in BBQ sauce, served with green goddess sauce
- Cajun Prawn Tacos – with lettuce, pico de gallo & guacamole
- Chicken Sliders – with smoked shredded chicken tossed in chipotle BBQ sauce served with wombok slaw & hand cut chips
The Growers Smokehouse is open Saturday & Sunday from 11am – 2:30pm.
Private & Corporate Events at The Growers
With stunning decor, a sizable garden, incredible views and a seating capacity of 175 inside & 275 outside/covered, The Growers is the perfect location for your next private or corporate event. Fit for both intimate and larger gatherings, there are 5 spaces to choose from including the pergolas, the dining room, the conservatory, the private porch and the porch. There are also a variety of dining styles available to suit your guests:
- Spit Roast – whole roast meats cooked all day presented to your guests by our chefs
- Farmers’ Table Set Menus – the ultimate showcase of The Growers’ freshest locally sourced produce
- Pizza Apertivo – casual food experience with selection of entrees and wood fire pizza
- Cakes – baked in house and decorated with our stunning farm grown edible flowers
- Beverage – Locally sourced products & packages to suit all budgets
The Growers events team will also take care of everything else you may need, including floristry, photography, music, and even your wedding cake!
The Growers Contact Information
Address: 131 Greenwell Point Rd, Worrigee NSW